Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Jaggery is the best substitute for sugar. Jaggery is rich in many nutrients. Jaggery should be eaten everyday in any form. Or add it in the rasam, sambhar, vegetable preparation.
Here is the dessert which is very tasty and should be eaten hot or warm. Rice chapati is the best combination with it.
This is not very regular sweet in my house because of the coconut used in it. Coconut is not good for me and my daughter. Even though I like it, I avoid making it.
Here is the recipe,
Fresh coconut - 1 cup
Jaggery (powdered or crushed) - same as the coconut milk
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Hot water - 1 cup
Salt - half a pinch
Nut meg powder - a pinch
- Grate the fresh coconut and Grind into a fine paste.
- Add 1 cup of hot water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the coconut water and keep it ready.
- The coconut milk and the jaggery should be of the same quantity.
- Keep the coconut milk to boil
- Once it starts boiling, reduce the flame and add the jaggery.
- Mix well, keep on stirring till you get the nice jaggery brown color. (It may take 15 minutes)
- Add the cardamom powder and Nutmeg powder. Mix well.
- Boil some more time(for few more minutes).
- You can see the milk has become thick and nice aroma will start coming.
- Off the fire. Add half a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Serve hot.
- Either drink it or have it with rice flour stuffed chapatis or puris.
Garnish with grated fresh coconut(optional)
Its watery dessert. You can enjoy the way you drink your tea :-)
I enjoy each sip with a spoon.
Love this hot Kheer during winter.
Sending this to two events;
Priya's(Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal) ongoing event
(event started by Me )
Akila's Event: Dish Name Starts with F