Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What's there in shape??

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Aren't we all magicians in the kitchen? I always feel like that. We prepare food in minutes! We create new dishes. We do some magic to prepare tasty food with the ingredients we have in the kitchen shelf. We are always ready for unexpected guests.
Am I going out of the track? Sometimes  I love to go!
I love to be in the kitchen and create some magic, which many times I fail because I am not so creative and do not have patience. 
Many times I prepare the same food with different methods or recipes. 
And same way, I love these rolls. 
Here I feel exactly  like I am a magician. Give me any shape from the dough, I roll the chapatis into exact round shape(with little care) or the exact triangle shape! I am making these since child hood. 

Try these folds to make chapatis. I feel, each method, the chapati tastes different.

Keep Smiling,

10 comments:

Kurinji said...

nice tip!
Kurinji

Hayley said...

Nive I was just about to logg off coz I got to cook..and I saw your post...thought let's leave a comment...going to make roti's with your style;)and will tell youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

kitchen queen said...

nice and different interesting shapes a feast for the eyes and taste.

Priya Suresh said...

Love any shape in rotis..

Mina Joshi said...

Nivedita: You are right. The different shapes do make rotis taste different!

Good way of making children eat!! I used to make shaped rotlis and also rotlis with cookie cutters just to make my son eat!!

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely post I thought I was following you anyways now I am
regards

Priya Sreeram said...

U R Right and the smile it brings on kids face !! good post !!

Savi-Ruchi said...

This is very creative. Even a round dough ball will take imaginary shapes when I roll :p

Madhu said...

Not sure about the taste but it sure is interesting to look Niveditha.

veena said...

Yeah , you are right. It definitely brings smiles.
Please do collect the stylish award from my space

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog