Monday, January 11, 2010

Plain green biryani rice

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi all,
When I prepared this rice few weeks back, my daughter was like "wow mamma, only chicken pieces are missing in this" She was happy to have this rice after many months.




After coming to India, as I stopped preparing non veg, I totally forgot about this rice. As I have told before, my daughter loves to take rice for her lunch box, I am learning to make varieties. And suddenly this rice came in my mind. When in UAE, I used to make this rice  with  chicken or meat curry.
Now a days,  once a week, this rice is in her lunch box.
Here, I prepared plain with one small potato. If you want you can add Soya nuggets in this.



Coming to the recipe,
Any long grain rice - 1 cup, washed and kept aside.
Onion - 1 cut into long thin slices
Bay leaf - 1
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Water to cook the rice
For grinding,
Fresh coriander - 1 small bunch or 1 cup
Green chilly - 2 to 3 as per your taste or depending upon chilly
Ginger - 1" piece
Garlic - 1 small bulb, peeled
Jeera - 1tsp
Cinnamon - 1/2" piece
Cloves - 3
Cardamom - 1
Put all these in a grinder and make it into fine paste.


Heat oil in a cooker or kadai (I prefer cooker). When hot, add onion and cook till brown. Now add bay leaf and the ready paste and fry for 5 minutes. When you start getting aroma add rice and salt. Fry for a minute. Add water till the rice level. Close the lid and give two whistles.


You open the lid and the aroma will take you  in another world!!!


Keep smiling,

7 comments:

Priya Suresh said...

Easy, simple and delicious green briyani..

SE said...

very much like what we call belgaum biryani at our home !!looks tempting

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

The rice is tempting

chef and her kitchen said...

I m sure it would be very aromatic and flavorful..lovely rice..

priya said...

biriyani looks awesome, dear...yummy and tempting!

Parita said...

Perfectly cooked and lovely bright color!

Fathima said...

wowo...nice color 'n tempting

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog