Friday, October 30, 2009

Sweet Coconut Rice

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
As I have told before also, I llllllovve sweets! 

When ever I go to my aunt's house(Father's sister), every time I get something new to eat!!Last month, when I went to her house, she gave me this sweet! As usual,  it was very delicious. Even though it was not new to me, but I had it after long time. She makes very tasty and variety of food. 
This sweet is very common in South canara, and I think even in Maharashtra, they call it as Naaral bhaath.
I wanted to try this sweet, and Today I got the time to make. I called her, and asked her in the phone about the recipe.(  usually, we both share the recipes). I noted down the ingredients and prepared in the evening. 

         Here it is in front of you all, with my little creative decoration.
It is very easy recipe, if you have some unexpected guests and you want to serve them some sweet!! As the ghee is must in this, I thought of sending this to Sanghi 's  FIL - Ghee for this season and Spicy delights!!.


Coming to the recipe,
Rice(any variety which stays firm after cooking,) - 1 bowl (cooked)
Sugar - 3/4th bowl
Fresh coconut - 1 bowl(grated)
Ghee - 3/4th bowl
Cashew nuts and raisins - 6 each cut into pieces
Salt - a pinch
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Heat 1 tbsp ghee in thick bottomed pan. Fry the nuts and keep aside. In the same pan, add coconut. Fry for a minute. Add sugar. Mix well and let it cook till the sugar is dissolved with coconut. Add half of the ghee.Do not let it boil. Once, both are mixed properly, add the cooked rice immediately. You should be  always with the dish, stirring it always on medium flame. Now add some more ghee, salt and cardamom powder. Cook it only for one minute. Remove it from the fire. Add fried nuts. Mix it nicely and transfer in to serving bowl. If you delay, then it will become hard.
The sweet coconut rice is ready to serve.

The sweet is going to take part in 



AND

Keep smiling,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!luv this...luks like halwa....will try it soon

Priya Suresh said...

Just i love the way u have presented that too as Lingam..very creative..delicious dish:)

priya said...

what a presentation??...superb!!!!....looks yummy too!!

Sushma Mallya said...

wow nice one...loved the shape ,unique one like shiv ling...

my kitchen said...

Yummy one,nice presentation

Torviewtoronto said...

love sweet rice thank you for linking this delicious rice

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog