Friday, July 24, 2009

Instant coconut halwa


Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi all,

As I told before, I am always ready for sweet. After meals, I must have some sweet. So this one is the quickest sweet I can make and I love to sit and eat very slowly, enjoying each bite. Here is the recipe,
Fresh grated coconut - 1 cup
Jaggery crushed or powdered - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp(optional, but defintely gives unique taste)
Mix altogether nicely, and keep in microwave oven for 1 minute. Take it out, mix again and keep in oven again for two more minutes.
Coconut halwa is ready to eat.

I am sending this one to Mahima's(http://spicesetc.blogspot.com/) event ,
http://spicesetc.blogspot.com/2009/04/15-minute-cooking-spieces-etc.html



This sweet is going to PJ's Let's Go Nuts! - Event Announcement (for the month of July 09) which is the brain child of Aqua.

Keep smiling,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow so simple and yummy..

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog