Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PUMPKIN MASALA

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
PUMPKIN!!! Not regular in my house. Reason?? No one likes it except me :-(,  but,  I made it last week and I forced everyone to eat it! To my surprise, all had it happily.
I love the color, the texture and the taste of Pumpkin. I love to have it in sambhar, chutney or just simple masala, same as I have given here the recipe.
Its very simple and quick.


Ingredients:
Pumpkin - 1/4 piece
To marinate:
Salt to taste
Red chilly powder - 2 tsp or as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Amchur Powder - 2 tsp
Hing  powdered- a pinch

To temper:
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Red dry chilly - 2 or 3 break in to pieces
Wate - 1/2 cup
Fresh coconut grated - 2-3 tbsp
Fresh coriander - 1 tbsp(optional, I did not had)
Method:
Wash the pumpkin and peel the skin.
Cut into small cubes.
Take all the things under "To marinate" in a bowl.
Mix well and the the cut pumpkin pieces into it. Mix well and keep it for 15 min to half an hour.


Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai.
Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
Add curry leaves, and dry red chilly.
saute for a minute.
Add the marinated pumpkin, mix well and cook for  two minutes, keep on stirring in between.
Add half cup of water. 
Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
Adjust the seasoning.
Open the lid and the grated coconut and coriander. 
Serve hot  with Chapati or rice. 


Keep Smiling,

No comments:

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog