Sunday, July 3, 2011

Basic Egg Less Sponge Cake(Food Remake)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
One more cake in my blog. I hope you all are not getting bored with my daily cake recipes!!! I was waiting for these recipes and photos for long time to publish.,
I just fell in love with this cake. I never imagined that an egg less cake will be so soft, spongy and the tastiest at the same time :-))), This is the perfect cake for the beginners and for those who do not take egg but wants to eat their cake too.
I have baked this cake many times. And every time I have clicked the photos. Here are few photos.(I am not getting few more in my folders :-( , too many folders with lot of photos)
Coming to the recipe for this cake, I followed recipes from two people. Both the recipes are same. 
One is Madhuri of CookCurryNook : Basic Eggless Sponge Loaf Cake
And the other one is
Sailu of Sailu's Kitchen : Basic Eggless Cake (Using Curd)
Thank you both for so lovely recipe.

Here goes the recipe:
Ingredients:
APF -  1 1/2 cups
Fresh Yogurt - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
Vegetable oil (Refined oil) - 1/ 2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp

Method :
Preheat the oven for 10 minutes.
Cream the sugar and yogurt till the sugar melts.
Add BP and BS. Mix well and keep aside for 3 to 5minutes till the bubbles appear.
Add the vegetable oil and essence. Mix well.
Add the sieved APF and mix well but slowly and little at a time ( 2 tbsp at a time)
Transfer the mix into the 6" pan. 
Slowly pat the pan on the floor to remove any air. 
Bake it at 200 degree Centigrade for 10 minutes.
Then reduce the temperature to 175 degree and bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Allow it to cool and turn it on the decorating plate after some time


Enjoy this tastiest cake with a cup of tea or coffee. I love this combination. Perfect for tea time :-)))

Sending it to the ongoing event 
Which is started by ME.

Celebrate Sweets - Cakes


Keep Smiling,

4 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious soft cake looks wonderful

chef and her kitchen said...

cake looks delicious n yumm

Priya Suresh said...

Super spongy cake looks fabulous..

Unknown said...

Bookmarked it and I have to try it out :)

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog