Friday, May 20, 2011

Eat Breakfast(s) like a King:-) (Remixed and Reposted)

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
I do strongly believe in "Eat Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Queen and Dinner like a Pauper" I strictly follow it during routine days(School days, office days), except when there is weekend or some special occasions or if someone is giving a treat :-)))))).
I always plan breakfast menu at least 3 days before or some times for a whole week. During school days, our breakfast is Chapati and different types of vegetables on alternative days, and the other days are fixed for typical South Indian breakfast like Idly, Dosa, Paddu.
I am reposting few of my favorite breakfast from my blog. Its not possible to put all the recipes in one post, so selected only few which I really love to eat in the morning.
And I have selected the recipes other than Dosa and Idly :-)

Chapati Poha: one of my favorite breakfast which stops me by wasting the left over chapatis and its healthy too.


Thaali peeth! (Masala Rotti) : again the most favorite one and it saves me from struggling to give vegetable to  my daughter. Its very common in our house with alterations, We keep on changing the vegetable in this. Sometimes we add grated vegetables, sometimes spinach or methi or spring onion.. 



Nutty Egg Omelet :  Do I feel embarrassed to write again its one of my favorite??? NO, I love Eggs and anything made with it, and this Nutty Egg Omelet is the best breakfast for me.



Mix Veg Poha ::The next is my daughter's favorite : Poha :-). most of the times I am saved because of this. When she is really hungry I don't think much but goes for this, but try to add more vegetables to make it healthier :-)




Puri Kurma :- My daughters wait for this one :-)





Last from my selection : Is regular parathas which I I try not to repeat the same stuffing in a month. But many of the parathas are not yet posted in my blog. May be I will do that soon. Just giving two links here :


4 ways to make Methi Paratha (Fenugreek paratha) :- again it saves me :-)



Tri Colored Chapatis and Tomato Chutney! :- This is from my mom, I love to have it any time.



These all are my last minute entries  going to participate in Srivalli's Breakfast Mela :




Keep Smiling,

7 comments:

Hayley said...

I have to visit you Nive for all of these yummy breakfasts...:-)

Sarah said...

i think we are spoiled for choice to eat like a king in the morning thanks to ur post.What wonderful breakfast ideas. in fact i'd love these for lunch or dinner too :)

Culinary Muse said...

Hey very true about breakfast like a king! cause the logic is that what we eat in the morning determines our entire day! And in the morning our metabolism is the highest so food gets digested well and throughout the day it gets slowed down. Also nice recipes. I love Thaali Peeth!

Priya Suresh said...

Wonderful spread, delicious breakfasts..

Nivedita Thadani said...

thanks all,
Jags, you are always welcome to have all these.

Gauri Trivedi said...

You have given me wonderful ideas for breakfast for the coming week.

You asked me about breadcrumbs in the Italian Idli recipe, you can use normal bread crumbs too, just spice them up a little but by adding red chili flakes, parsley, oregano or any other Italian seasoning you have, if not you can also spice the breadcrumbs with cumin powder, pepper and red chili powder. Hope this helps.

Srivalli said...

You have mini breakfast round up here Nive..thank you so much for the entries..

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog