Sunday, September 26, 2010

Khaman Dhokla

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
Sometimes, we become lazy or scared or ignorant to try new things in the life. And if the first try is a disaster, we stop trying it for the next time. But, I am not in that category. Once I fail in doing something (when comes to cooking), I give time to myself and then again try to do it. And most of the times, I get success also.
Khaman Dhokla is one of those recipes, which I tried few years back and each time it was a disaster. I stopped eating Dhokla for few months, but could not resist to have it. So I always took ready packet but was not so much happy. 
Now, last week when I was searching for few Gujarati recipes for an event, I came through two recipes which I really wanted to retry. 
First one I tried was Khandvi and again it was a failure. I do not know the reason why I could not get the rolls!!
But again like a king in a story who learnt from a spider, I took a challenge to try Khaman Dhokla.
Voila!!! I got it!!!
The dhoklas were so soft and spongy and tasty, that my whole plate of dhokla was vanished  just in 10 minutes. 
Thanks Chef in You for sharing such a wonderful and easy recipe and for so clear and beautiful pictures.


(Update :Sometimes,NO! NO! NO! Always I am in a hurry. When I got this recipe, I directly went to the ingredients and the method and totally forgot to think about when and why is this prepared. I read it was for ICC but did not think that the recipe for ICC is given by  Srivalli . And Srivalli got it from her aunt. I am sorry for it as I feel everyone including the main person who shared this recipe should get the credit. )
Click HERE for the original recipe.
I have followed the exact recipe except adding sesame seeds in the end(I forgot!)
Giving only the photos :


Sending it to the events :



AND
(linking it to Pari's event announcement page)
Keep Smiling,

7 comments:

Tanvi said...

Dhokla looks really soft and fluffy!
yum yum

Unknown said...

I love Khaman Dhokla..tho I don't make it very often at home..ur looks very soft anf fluffy!!

Satya said...

wow ur dhokla looks so spongy n tempting ...i want to try this from but i am not having ENO now ...so i have to wait for some more days ...but urs looks awesome ...yummy

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Priya Suresh said...

Spongy dhokla looks yumm..

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Wow your dhokla have come out so well. No wonder it was finished within 10 minutes...

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Akila said...

mouth watering one.... i will take that piece....

Deepti said...

It looks so tempting!! Shall try to make this soon.

belesaaru.wordpress.com

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog