Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reminder for my new event "Cook and Click" - Apple and Onion Bake

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
I think there is some mistake with my new event announcement. As I got few mails asking, when am I going to start this event.
So here is the reminder and re invitation to all of you for my new event
Event Announcement - "COOK AND CLICK" :

Recipe for this week: (I felt, this is interesting and good starter)

APPLE AND ONION BAKE:
Onions - 6, sliced(round)
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Tomatoes - 2, thickly sliced
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
Apples - Peeled and sliced
Green chillies - 2, finely chopped and seeds removed
Chopped coriander - 2 tbsp
Veg stock(you can use Maggi cubes to make) - 1 cup, heated
Procedure :
1. Lightly sauté onions in 1 tbsp ghee. Remove with slotted spoon.
2. Sauté tomatoes. Drain off juiced through strainer and reserve.
3. Sauté breadcrumbs in remaining ghee to brown lightly.
4. Grease baking dish and arrange onion, apple and tomato in alternate layers.
5. Put chillies, coriander and reserved juiced into hot stock and pour over vegetables. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top.
6. Cover and bake at 190 degree C or 375degree F for 30 minute.
7 Uncover and cook another 15 minutes.
Serves 4.
(Source : Indian Cookery by Bay Books Cookery collections)
I  had announced the last date for submitting this recipe as 16th August, but Now as many of you were not aware of the event, I want to extend it till 20th August. 

Hoping to get more clicks from your cameras!

Send the following details to nivedita.mt@gmail.com with subject "COOK AND CLICK" :
your name, 
blog name, 
url of the link  and 
the photo attached.
Non bloggers can send the details to my mail.


Please share your experience about this dish.

Any suggestions, new ideas are welcome. 
(If you have any hidden or unknown recipe, you also can send it to me. I will add it in the event with your details, whenever possible)

Keep Smiling,

4 comments:

Nithu Bala said...

will try to participate next time..

Unknown said...

nice diah....will surely join you event....

Urmi said...

I will try my best to join your event.

Unknown said...

I will try my best dear to make it before 20th.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog