Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Black forest cake in Microwave and an award

Tried and tasted by Nivedita 
Hi All,
I had kept some other recipe to post. But, when today I tried this cake and clicked the photos, I could not wait posting it. Its like a magic. As all of you know, my daughter loves that chocolate cake in the mug. Past 3 days she was behind me to make it but I was avoiding it. I wanted to try some new cake but was hesitating as most of the times my baking is worst and I get disappointed with the out come.
But today I gathered my disappointment and told it to be little positive! And I am here with my black forest cake in microwave. 
This recipe is given by the lady who taught to bake the cake. Its actually heaven when you bake it in an oven. I don't know why am I delaying buying an oven! I really have to feel confident that I can bake anything in that oven. Then only I am going to buy it!
My daughter wanted small round pieces so that she can take it to school tomorrow. And I did not have proper dish to bake it big size. So I tried it in a mug and then in small bowls. When I saw this tiny round cake, I called my princesses  to come with their Barbie dolls. And we three had a birth day party for the Barbie dolls. My kids were jumping with joy.
I have put the Chocolate syrup on the cake to decorate and that was enough for my little one as she does not like the cake.
Coming to the recipe,
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE QUANTITY.
Ingredients :
All Purpose Flour or Maida -1/4 cup or 40gm
Cocoa Powder - 1/8 cup or 10gm
Sugar - 1/4 cup or 50gm
Eggs - 2
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Soda - a pinch
Hot water - 1 tbsp (Add if required, if the batter is thick)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp


Method :
Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla essence over hot water till custard consistency. (double boiler) This is must to get spongy cake.
Add sieved maida, cocoa powder, baking powder and pinch of soda into it.
Mix cut. Add little hot water if you feel its thick. (I did not put) Mix cut
Put in a greased 6" Microwave safe dish. 
Keep on HIGH  for 2 minutes or less. According to your M/W power. My M/W has 800 power as HIGH.
I baked it for 2 minutes and gave one minute standing time. 
Release sides and allow it to cool. 
Cake is done. Its very spongy, and very light. But tastes little dry as it is baked in M/W.
There is solution for that also.
Make a sugar syrup by adding 1 tbsp sugar in 1/2 cup of water. Cut the cake into 2 equal halves with a thread or knife. 
Soak the cake with the syrup by spreading it carefully with small spoon. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
If you are lucky enough to get whip cream, spread the cream after you put the sugar syrup.
The lovely black forest cake is ready to eat.
DO NOT WAIT AFTER YOU MIX EVERYTHING. 
DO NOT WHISK FOR LONGER TIME
You can bake it in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30 minutes.
Now coming to the award,
The award has come from Reshmi of Rasoi . So sweet of her to think about me and passing this to me. I feel happy and feel motivated when I get an honest appreciation from someone. 

And 
Srivalli's 365 days of Microwave Cooking! event 


Keep Smiling,

13 comments:

Srivalli said...

Looks great Nive..those dolls are adorable!

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

looks awesome nivedita....dolls r so cute....lovely pics...congrats for teh award...

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful looking cake Nivedita and congrats on your award :)

Mina Joshi said...

Congratulations on getting the award. The cake looks great and so quick to make!! How lovely of you to spent time with your kids and have a tea party with them. Get yourself an oven as I know you love baking! Here in UK they sell combination oven which work as a microwave and ordinary oven as well. You may be able to get that there too!!

kitchen queen said...

the cake looks lovely with the dolls very cute.

Neetz said...

both cake and dolls are equally cute :)

Nive.. i did sent u a mail for the event entries..hopefully u must have recieved it.. do confirm :)

Priya Suresh said...

Wow spongy cake looks awesome..Congrats on ur awards..

Guna's kitchen said...

perfect balckforest cakes... luks spongy and soft.. nice presentation with dolls.. never thought of baking in microwave.. seems to be easy... loved the way u explained.. will try it..

Satya said...

cake looks so delicious with the cute presentation ...congrats dear for ur award

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Umm Mymoonah said...

Looks so cute Nivedita. Congrats on your award, wish you many more success and awards.

Unknown said...

Looks so perfect. Happy bday to the Barbies ;)

aipi said...

lovely looking cake.. loved the cute dolls.. congrats on your award.. wish u many, many more 2 come :)

Anonymous said...

amazing recipe...vl try it out nxt tym.....keep up the good wrk :)

http://punjabifooddiary.blogspot.com/
RUBY

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog