Saturday, March 13, 2010

Broken Bangles game(ಬಳೆಚೂರು ಆಟ) for Forgotten Indian Games

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
One more game for my event! This was also one of our favorite game. This does not need anything other than broken bangles and ground. This was the Girl's Game! but even boys used to enjoy it with us, as we girls enjoyed playing Goli aata( Marbles)! I have tried to explain it with pictures. 
And, and, as now a days, we do not allow children to go out and play in the mud, I have given a new way of playing it, with the help of pictures. 
I hope, after going through the details you will say, "hey yes, even I too played it!!!"
Come, lets play the game!
Collect the old bangles and cut in to pieces. We always used to take elder's help for this. 
Share the pieces into almost equal pieces in to two players.(even you can make 2 groups and allow one person to guess at one time)
Dig 3 holes in a soft ground, as shown in the photo.
First time, let one player go and stand in a place where she can not see the holes. And another player should hide all or few bangle pieces in any one hole and close all the three holes with loose mud.







Now, the other player which is hiding will come and it has to guess in which the bangles are hidden!!! If the guess is right then that group will get all the bangles and it will be repeated the other way round. If first player looses all the bangle pieces in first game only, either she should guess it right on her turn or she can hire few pieces from other player.










The game will continue till you wish or one player goes on loosing by wrong guessing. 
Now, when I think about this game, it won't look so interesting, but at that age, we have enjoyed it to the most.

Now, coming to this age, we can make our children play it without bangles and mud. My daughter enjoyed it when I played it with her.
I used the sand in an empty saree box and used my daughter's hair beads as bangle pieces!!!
Here are the photos :









Keep Smiling,

8 comments:

Smita Srivastava said...

Awww so cute . nvr heard of this game before !!!

Hayley said...

This is a very sweet game..you just reminded me my childhood!!

Nithu Bala said...

Hey Nivedita, interesting game..loved the pictures..

kitchen queen said...

lovely and interesting game.

Niv said...

First of all happy to see a blogger sharing the same name as mine! And i must say we used to follow this game so madly. We used to go to any extent(any filthy place)to collect those bangle pieces. It really reminded me those good old days, thanks for sharing :)

jayasree said...

Haven't heard of this before. We played a different game using broken bangle pieces. I am trying to recollect what it is. Thanks for rekindling those memories.

Savi-Ruchi said...

Aww.., I remember playing this. But, we were just using hands :)

kamlesh said...

herein g first time the game of Broken bangles......interesting hhh

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog