Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A tip to a mother

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi All,
To feed a correct food to a child is a universal problem for a mother. Till the child understands the importance of food, and starts having without any fuss, mother faces lot of challenges. She plays many tricks to feed the child.

Being mother of two kids, till today, I am going through this difficult phase. My daughter who is 7 years old also has the problem. She eats every thing I give her, but she takes one hour to finish her food. (Some times more than one hour). And the second one, who is 2 years old, she never feels hungry. Her attention is always towards playing, writing, and troubling me and her sister. 

(This is old photo. I have exchanged the net with big basket net now!)
But from past 15 days, I observed that she is coming her self and asking for "mammam" (she says for food). And she eats her food in no time!!! (Touch Wood!!)



(A tiny slide for both of them to play)
I was thinking what is the reason behind this? Then I realized that from past 15 days, me and my elder daughter go for jogging in our compound only.(Luckily, we have ground in our compound only, which is surrounded by trees.)  And the little one follows us. She does some bending exercise with us! She wants to join us in skipping. She loves to play basket ball with us! Thats making her feel hungry for whole day!
(And, today, after one week, when my mother returned from Delhi,  Phalguni took her out for jogging, and to play basket ball!!!!!!!)
So the tip to all mothers is,
Once your child (2 years and above) gets up in the morning, let him/her play for sometime. It should not be more than 10 minutes all together. If you do not have ground, child can run in the house only. Make her touch all the room door knobs and come back to you. It will be fun to play like that. Or if you can join, that will be more fun. Then see the difference.
I know it is difficult or impossible for working mother! It is just a general tip. 
I am not a medical professional. If any one is from medical field, and thinks it is not good for child of that age!, please let me know!
This is just my experience I am sharing with all.


Keep smiling,

3 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

that's 100% true dear...i can see the change in my daughter....after she comes from school(playgroup)......playing or being a busy bee in school makes them feel hungry.....please do participate in my first cooked food event...check my blog for deatils

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi Shama,
Thanks dear, I don't know why, I was not getting your updates only?
Today, again I refreshed the "Follow"
I missed your events also :-(
I will definitely participate in your event.

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi Priya
Thanks for the award! :-)

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog