Monday, October 12, 2009

Multi purpose boxes from my daughter!

Tried and tasted by Nivedita
Hi all,
Two more art work from my elder daughter Rajul.  
Few years back, I always used to throw the boxes, when ever I bought the things. But now a days I keep those for my daughter's art work. I keep the boxes for 2 -3 months. I will throw it out, if  I do not get any idea what to make out of that.
Last month, I bought the tea cup set and kept the box in the store room. Now as Rajul has school holidays, I asked her what she wants to make of that. She told, that she will use it to keep her clips, rubber bands. 
I asked her "shall we decorate with the colorful laces" She was not ready for that. She wanted to paint the box. Then I thought if we do spray painting using old tooth brush, it will look nice. and for the border I told her to use her little finger. 
So, here it is infront of you the art work fully done by her. I was just sitting beside her taking the tissue paper to wipe the paint, when ever she spilled the water or the paint.
This box can be used as Jewelery box, or hair accessories box or if you make it stand, you can keep small dolls. or if you remove one middle row, it can be used as doll house! The choice is yours!!

The next art is again the multi purpose box. It is made with old bangles.( all collection is from my mother's ward robe.) Go on keeping the bangles on a hard board (any shape) with the help of fevicol.

You can use it as pencil stand! or pen stand or to keep your visiting cards.


Just few sentences about my younger daughter Phalguni. (Rajul is feeling bad that I am not writing anything about her!!) Phalguni is only 2 years old. The whole day she will be writing in the book, with her sister's pencil or my pen. She wants only the things which her sister uses. So the whole day fighting will be on in my house.
And one more thing is, she will be singing the whole day in her language!!! 

I am sending this to Srivalli's First Blog Anniversary with Kids Delight!

Keep smiling,

9 comments:

Padma said...

They look really cute and colorful. Good art work by your daughter. The bangle pen stand looks really nice.

Nivedita Thadani said...

Thanks Padma

Malar said...

hey u told to collect award from ur blog..thank u very much for that..but i donno how to collect award and which one to select..can u plwase help me dear?

priya said...

excellent work by ur daughter, nivedita....so cute!!

shivu.k said...

Medam,

your doughter cute and talent...

Priya Suresh said...

Very creative and really cute..hugs to ur sweetie..

Smitha J.L. said...

Dear Nivedita,

Lucky you to have such a talented daughter. Boxes - this is my favourite topic too. I hate to throw boxes and always find ways to reuse them. Even the plastic box in which haldiram sonpapdi comes in is reused to store butter in the fridge. Ice cream boxes are covered with plastic self adhesive paper (found in most departmental stores in Dubai) and used to store plastic spoons, forks, knives individually & neatly. Good shoe boxes are covered with either gift wrap or self adhesive papers and used to store glasses & mugs used sparingly. this helps them stay clean. Cornflake boxes are given shape of magazine holders & wrapped with gift papers and used to store my daughters story books. some times I use the cornflakes boxes to store small toys/puzzle blocks which otherwise scatter around the house. Since 7 years we have been using same brand of coffee, which once over is clened & reused to store grocery/spices etc. in the kitchen. So now my kitchen sports all bottles with red lids, giving them uniform look and arranged neatly & labelled. Next I am going to try bangle pen stand done by your daughter. It looks so nice & ethnic, especially the 3 jumkas on the top.

Srivalli said...

Ah..I see those cuties here again..your daughters are not only very pretty, very talented too...thank you for the lovely entries!

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Good work from ur daughters,encourage them nive to learn more.

Search This Blog

Lijit Ad Wijit

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog